Resolve Health Physiotherapy – Resuming face to face consultations – phased return.
We are please to announce that we are now able to begin our gradual phased return back to face to face consultations as from 8th June 2020
In order to most effectively meet your needs in this challenging time, we must deliver care differently and plan for how we will best deliver care in the future. Therefore for individuals requiring urgent care or essential routine care for pre-existing conditions that are non COVID-19 related, Resolve Health Physiotherapy aims to continue assessment and treatment of these patients as part our clinical practice in the form of both video consultation and face to face, if this is deemed appropriate and safe for both the patient and physiotherapist.
The current phase in response to the COVID-19 pandemic does not signal a return to our usual ways of working. As clinicians we must work within the legal, regulatory and professional frameworks that guide the safe management of patients and everyone who works in the practice environment.
In response to this, our key principles for practice are:
- Minimise the health risks to staff, patients and wider communities
- All patients will be triaged remotely with a ‘virtual first’ approach as standard practice during this period.
- Consider the use of video consultations if face to face is not indicated whenever appropriate.
- Access to urgent and essential routine care should be maintained for all patients
- PPE to be used appropriately at all times in line with Public Health England (PHE) guidelines.
- A risk assessment to clinically reason a decision for offering either a face-to-face or remote consultation for each patient and for each of their planned contacts will be carried out with every appointment. These decisions will be documented
- A discussion with each patient regarding the reason for either face-to-face or video consultations will be included with the initial consultation.
- As the patient you will be made aware of all current risks associated with face-to-face appointments and your consent documented for this.
- All patients without symptoms of COVID-19 booked for any face-to-face contact will be pre-screened prior to consultation, and you should advise staff if you develop symptoms prior to your appointment
- Any patient with symptoms of COVID-19 will be directed to NHS 111
Booking and attending your appointment.
If this is the first time we have seen you for a new injury, condition or problem, then we will need to provide a video or telephone consultation, in line with the current government guidelines to assess your injury, screen for COVID-19 and make a decision with you the patient, on whether a face to face treatment or remote treatment is appropriate.
If we are unable to provide you with a remote assessment, then providing you do not have any COVID-19 signs, and fulfil the criteria for face to face treatment, a face to face appointment can be offered.
Follow-up face to face appointments.
- Every patient is encouraged, where possible, to continue with video consultations. If this is not possible, then a face to face consultation will be made.
- Prior to each appointment a COVID-19 screening form will be sent out and should be completed.
- If there are any signs of COVID-19 with your self or a house hold member, then we will re-arrange your appointment for 14 days after your symptoms started and providing you are symptom free at that point. Alternatively a video or telephone consultation will be arranged so not to interrupt your physio treatment.
- Arriving at the clinic, patients will be asked to stay in their vehicle at Cowan House car park and your physiotherapist will call you in for your appointment.
- Appointments will be staggered between each physiotherapist and will have a 15 minute gap between patients appointments to allow staff to clean and decontaminate the room after each appointment.
- Patients are required to wear a mask and provide their own PPE whenever possible. If you are unable to provide your own PPE, then Resolve Health Physiotherapy will provide it for you. Please be aware, PPE is limited and we encourage your help with providing your own if you can. Thank you.
- Patients can wear gloves to their appointments, but is not essential, but MUST wash their hands on entering and exiting the building.
- The physiotherapist will wear a mask, gloves and apron. If appropriate eye protection will also be worn.
- Social distancing of 2 meters, outside of the clinical room will be maintained at all times.
- Stairs will be limited to one physiotherapist and patient at any one time.
- Only one person is allowed in the lift at a time, unless accompanied by another member of the patients household.
- Contactless payment is encouraged
Remote, either Video or telephone assessment: £40
Face to Face assessment: £48
Follow up appointment:
Remote, either Video or telephone treatment: £30
Face to Face treatment: £38
We look forward to offering you our usual high standards of care.
We are aware of peoples’ concerns about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are following best practice and advice from Public Health England and the NHS. With a face to face consultation, please be aware of the risks COVID-19 prior to accepting your face to face appointment. If you are not aware of the risk of COVID-19, then please follow this link. Our highest priority is to keep you and our staff as safe as possible.
As you know the current situation of COVID-19 is changing all the time and we are monitoring events both nationally and locally to enable us to update our policies and protocols as needed.
For further information please follow the links below:
A final message to all our patients
Finally, I wish to thank all of you that have continued to support us in this difficult time and allowing us to continue to deliver the care and treatment you expect from Resolve Health Physiotherapy during this lockdown period. We are extremely grateful and hope all our patients are safe and well and coping with the difficulties the current situation has presented us. We can all rest assured that when this has passed, we will all be stronger and closer as a community.
From myself Jason – The LegMan and Gavin we hope you all: